Two new Bugatti Rimac hypercars headed our way

Bugatti and Rimac are not known for subtlety. They’re far from it, and products from both are known for physics-defying performance. Since the brands now operate under the single Bugatti Rimac joint entity, they have subtly teased two new hypercars while announcing a new design and engineering hub in Berlin.

In the teaser, the two cars can be seen parked next to the Rimac Nevera. One is draped in a Bugatti cover, while the Rimac logo can be seen on the other. The rest of the cars parked are from the Bugatti stable: Divo, Centodieci, Chiron Pur Sport, and more. The joint company is now reiterating its focus on the future with its innovation hub in Berlin, operating under Bugatti Rimac GmbH.

Bugatti Rimac Berlin design & engineering facility

The new facility will cater to engineers and designers and facilitate procurement, finance, program management, IT, legal and marketing departments. Developing new cars from the ground up is no easy feat, and the teams in Molsheim, Zagreb, and Berlin will have to function at maximum capacity to meet internal deadlines.

Bugatti Rimac
The Bugatti Chiron and the Rimac Nevera are engineering marvels. Future products that combine the powers of the two should pack truly pathbreaking performance. Image: Bugatti Rimac

Achim Anscheidt is the new Design Director at Bugatti Rimac, while the CTO is Emilio Scervo—both of them (refer to the featured image) will overlook the Berlin facility. Bugatti would continue making cars at its production facility in Molsheim. The Bugatti Rimac headquarters is worth EUR 200 million and spread across 100,000 square meters in Zagreb, Croatia.

Knowing what the two brands are capable of, we can expect something truly radical. The Rimac Nevera is a 1914 hp electric hypercar with a 0-62 mph time of 1.97 seconds and a top speed of 256 mph (412 kmph). Bugatti’s latest monster is the sensational Chiron Supersport 300+. Its W16 8-liter engine makes 1600 hp and has crossed the magical 300 mph (483 kmph) top speed mark.

In July 2021, the two brands announced a new joint venture called Bugatti Rimac. The two entities would use their respective expertise to develop the next generation of hypercars. Porsche and Hyundai Motor Group hold a 24% and 12% stake in Rimac, respectively. Porsche also has a 45% stake in the joint entity, while Rimac holds the remaining 55% stake.

Featured Image Source: Bugatti